About Career Connections
Career Connections is the CVCC career center that is open to current students and "alumni" (anyone who
has taken a class (credit or non—credit) at CVCC in the past). We assist students in learning how to
effectively search for employment, prepare cover letters and rĂ©sumĂ©s, and offer tools to help you dress
for success and practice interviewing strategies.
Contact InformationPhone: 434—832—7760
||9:00 AM — 6:00 PM
||9:00 AM — 5:00 PM
|Summer hours may vary. Please call!
2nd Trailer Across From the AREVA Building (ODU Trailer)
Central Virginia Community College
3506 Wards Road
Lynchburg, VA 24502
Career Seeker Services
If you are unsure about your career direction, we suggest that you:
Learn About You
If you are not sure what kind of job or career you want and are unsure about what to do with your life,
we recommend that you take some self—assessments that can help you evaluate your attitudes, interests,
skills, and abilities as they relate to possible career choices. After taking these assessments,
schedule an appointment with one of our Learning Coordinators to review your results. We suggest:
Explore Career Options
Once you have determined your career direction, consider using our services:
- Talk with a counselor and/or advisor about possible interest areas, career direction, and
- Conduct informational interviews with professors, mentors and professionals in your career
field of interest.
- Create a rĂ©sumĂ© and learning plan to explore areas you need to strengthen or develop
- Begin collecting material for your portfolio.
- Consider an internship and take a SDV class in preparation.
Job Seeking Assistance
- NACElink — an online job board —
NACElink allows students to access both local positions, as
well as national and international opportunities. Students
can post their resume on the site and apply for positions 24
hours a day/ seven days a week. All data is secure.
Announcements of upcoming career events are also posted.
Employers can use NACElink to both post job opportunities
and sign up for On—Campus Recruiting events. There is never
a charge to post an employment opportunity.
Any employer wishing to join the CVCC NACElink system can
call Teresa Laughlin at 434.832.7620. All that is
needed for the invitation is the company name, contact
person, address, and e—mail. Posting jobs is fast and
simple. The system also makes candidate screening easy.
- Job Opportunity Notebook (in Career Connections)
- Bulletin Board for Job Postings (Posted in Student Center, adjacent to Career Connections