Admissions Application Check List
Please review the following required documentation that must be submitted to apply for the I-20. The I-20 is a required document that you will need to have to obtain the F-1 visa. CVCC reserves the right to deny applications that are incomplete or with unverifiable information.
||Apply for admission to Central Virginia Community College.
Students may apply for the following degree programs:
- Associate of Arts & Sciences
- Business Administration
- Business Administration - Technology Specialization
- General Studies
- Life Sciences Specialization
- Physical Sciences Specialization
- Associate of Science
- Associate of Applied Science
- Administration of Justice
- Administrative Support Technology
- Medical Office Specialization
- Communication Design
- Computer & Electronics Technology Computer Networking
- Culinary Arts & Management*
- Emergency Medical Services - Paramedic*
- Engineering Technology
- Architectural/Civil Specialization
- Mechanical/Industrial Specialization
- Information Systems Technology
- Human Resources Specialization
- Marketing Specialization
- Medical Laboratory Technology*
- Radiologic Technology*
- Respiratory Therapy Technology*
*These programs have restricted enrollment. Students must meet with the International Student Advisor prior to admittance.
||Go to the forms page and print out the forms to be submitted to the Admissions & Records Office.
||Submit official, English translated, copies of all secondary school and university academic records.
English Translation Services
NOTE: Transfer students from a U.S.
college/university must submit an official transcript from all U.S. schools attended
instead of secondary school information.
||Applicants must submit proof of financial
responsibility for one year of attendance at CVCC in order for an I-20 to be issued. Prospective students will be required to submit the following forms which are located on the forms page. The estimated cost for one year of attendance is $20,000. This includes tuition, books & fees, and living expenses. A current bank statement must be submitted along with the forms below.
- Financial Certification Form - must be completed by the student
- Affidavit of Sponsorship Form - must be completed if the student has a sponsor; a student may have more than one sponsor and would need one form and bank statement for each sponsor
- Affidavit of Sponsor Providing Free Room & Board Form - must be completed by the person(s) providing free room and board (if applicable)
||Applicants are required to have U.S. medical insurance and must submit proof. CVCC does not provide medical insurance.
International Student Insurance
Visitor Guard Insurance
||Demonstrate English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- A score of 67 or higher on the TOEFL iBT
- A score of 517 or higher on the regular TOEFL
- A score of 6 or higher on IELTS
- For students in the area: completion of the English placement test.
- Completion of Freshman English with a C or better demonstrated on an official U.S. college/university transcript.
NOTE: Official transcripts and test scores must be official and sent directly from the college/university or testing service. They may be hand delivered but they must remain in a sealed envelope.
A copy of the applicant's passport
||Transfer students must submit all of the above documents as well as copies of their visa, current I-20, and I-94.
All documents must be submitted together to the Admissions & Records Office by the appropriate deadline. Once the documents have been reviewed and approved an I-20 will be issued and mailed to the student unless other arrangements have been made.
Following receipt of the F-1 visa and arrival in the United States (or receipt of the I-20 for transfer students), F-1 students are required to report immediately in person to the International Student Advisor. You will need to bring your visa, passport, I-20, and I-94. Failure to report will result in termination of your SEVIS record and I-20.
Please contact the Counseling Department at (434) 832 - 7800 to schedule an appointment.