CVCC Educational Foundation Scholarships
- The primary period during which the CVCC Educational Foundation (Foundation) makes the majority
of its scholarship awards is from April 1st through July 31st for the upcoming school year with classes starting
in late August. The application period for the upcoming academic year opens on February 1st. Most scholarship
awards are an annual commitment for both the fall and spring semesters. However, the Foundation generally has
some limited scholarship funding for the spring and summer semesters, so it is worth contacting us to see if that
is the case.
- The Foundation scholarship process is all online, and the general application for all scholarships
can be located through this link cvcc.academicworks.com
- Prior to submitting the Foundation Scholarship Application, students must:
- Apply for admission to Central Virginia Community
- Enroll in a curriculum at CVCC. (Call the Counseling
Office at 434-832-7800 to schedule an appointment.).
- Apply for Federal Student Aid. Use the FAFSA website
at www.fafsa.ed.gov to apply, and call the
Financial Aid Office at 434-832-7814 with any questions or to schedule an appointment.
- Foundation scholarships can be used for tuition and required fees only. Any financial aid from
Federal or state grants must be used first to pay tuition and fees, and the foundation scholarships are used
second to pay any remaining tuition and fees. Scholarship amounts not needed for tuition and fees are returned
to the foundation and are not refunded to the student.
- Because our funding is limited, Foundation scholarships are not available to students paying
- For additional information, the Foundation staff can be reached by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 434-832-7292,
or in our offices at Merritt Hall room 5116, CVCC, 3506 Wards Road, Lynchburg, VA 24502.