General Guidelines for Scholarships
- All applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- All recipients must maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the CVCC Financial Aid Policy of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Unless otherwise noted, application deadlines are May 1.
- Scholarship amounts shown are maximum awards subject to demonstrated need.
General Guidelines for Virginia Tobacco Commission Scholarships
- The Virginia Tobacco Commission Scholarships are designed as a "last dollar" program after all federal and state options for tuition aid has been exhausted.
- The Virginia Tobacco Commission Scholarship award may not exceed the cost of tuition and required fees minus grant aid received from all other sources.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an approved program of study at CVCC.
- Applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- Recipients must maintain satisfactory progress according to the CVCC Financial Aid Policy of Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- There are no deadlines for applications.
- All awards are subject to available funding and priority must be given to full-time students.
- Subsequent awards may be made only if eligibility is maintained.